The Wordsmiths’ Café
I believe one of the greatest ways I can be a good steward of the gifts God has given me is to share them with others. Once every quarter or so, I share some of the things I’ve learned from my experiences writing in a newsletter specifically for writers, The Wordsmiths’ Café. This newsletter is part of a The Ladder to Rooftop Academy, which is a resource packed full of useful information for bloggers, writers and speakers.
Here is a list The Wordsmiths’ Café’s articles to date:
- Hosting a Blog Series and Guest Posting
- When the Cursor Won’t Stop Cursing You
- 3 Questions to Help You Self-Edit Before You Hit “Publish”
- 3 Things to Do With a Rejection
Other Places You Can Find Me
Over the years I’ve had the privilege of being featured in many publications both online and in print. I’m always amazed at the doors God opens, often when we least expect it.
This is not an all-inclusive list, but here are a few of the places other than my blog where you can find me:
- Freedom From Perfection, (in)Courage, July 2014
- When You’re Afraid You’ll Make the Wrong Decision, God-Sized Dreams, October 2014
- How Do I Stop Worrying, Proverbs 31 Ministries, January 2015
- 101 Secrets to a Happy Marriage, Thomas Nelson, January 2015
- Motherhood: I Want to Thrive, Not Just Survive, Faith Spilling Over, January 2015
- The Friends Who Pursue Us, (in)Courage, June 2015
- 3 Truths to Remember When God Asks You to Wait, Crosswalk, August 2016
- 3 Truths to Remember When You Think God is Disappointed in You, iBelieve, October 2016
- The Only Sure Way to Multiply Your Time, Purposeful Faith, October 2016
- Why the World Needs Your Voice and No One Else’s Will Do, Purposeful Faith, February 2017
- A Love That Pursues, Deeper Waters, March 2017
Reading is my love language! There are few things (other than writing) that fill me up more than sitting down with a good book, a cup of coffee and a couple of minutes to myself without little ones asking me for snacks every five seconds. I actually committed my life to following Christ after reading Rick Warren’s book, The Purpose Driven Life, so it will always be a favorite.
Here are a few other books that have made it to my favorites list over the years:
- Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers – If you’re looking for a good fiction read that will make you feel the depth of God’s love for you, look no further. This book is patterned after the life of Hosea from the Old Testament, and shows just how far our Savior will go for those he calls his own.
- Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas – After my husband and I moved cross-country together for the second time in our marriage, we went through a rough season. We were living in a new location where we had no friends, no family and no home church. This book was a wedding gift from my husband’s best man. During that difficult season, it became a lifeline.
- 1000 Gifts by Ann Voskamp – This book taught me the power of gratitude. I never thought of gratitude as something that could change my life, but it can and it has. Ann touched the deep places of my heart with her raw honesty, her lyrical style of writing, and her grace. This one will stay on my shelves for a lifetime and I know I’ll go back to its truths again and again.
- Just Like Jesus by Max Lucado – Max Lucado has a way of taking truths from God’s word that seem complex and breaking them down in an easy, practical way. Reading his work is like sitting down with a friend over coffee. This book made me fall in love with Jesus all over again, and showed me the many ways he transforms us to be the beautiful creations he made us to be.